Wednesday, May 9, 2007

How exactly do you spell Muckenthaler?

I had a wonderful
family session today.

Ryan
Alyssa
Emily
and Will

!

We all went to Alyssa's favorite place from her growing up years, the Muckenthaler-- an art and culture center in Fullerton.

I know I say this a lot-- but the SHAPES in this one. Mmm.
Will! Isn't he adorable?
This is my favorite photograph from our day.
Sweet Emily saw this rock and said
it is SO beautiful

and then hugged it for longer than a minute. I melted.
She also LOVED this twig. A girl after my own heart.
Kids can just...play. It's so wonderful.Ha! So can adults. :)I love the shadows in these white wall ones.SHE'S SO WHIMSICAL!We had a diva on our hands. A very photogenic diva.A little dog came to visit.
I love this picture of Ryan and Will.
The last of Emily's brief modeling stint.
Ryan and Alyssa--
I had a great time hanging out with you and your kids today!
Your family is beautiful, and thanks for showing me a new art place.
It seems perfect for picnics.


Shannon Leith

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My oh my.

I love these!!!

Especially the rock hug picture.

You have a great gift, my friend.

Love,

Ellie

blythe said...

shan, these turned out amazing! so glad you found the place...isn't it awesome? did you see the amphitheatre?

Shannon said...

thanks guys!

yeah, the amphitheatre was cool. i want to go hear a show there this summer.

Annie Smith said...

wow these are beautiful!!!

David T. Ulrich said...

these pictures are absolutely incredible.

i love the one of the girl playing with the stick on the wall.



looking at these pictures reminds me of why we need to follow Christ with a childlike faith...

cause kids can just look at life - smile, and know that everything is all right.

[then go hug rocks and roll in the grass to prove it]


these pictures utterly made my day.

Shannon said...

david, you are so kind. thank you very much. i was breathless the entire time just watching them dance with sticks and play around the park. it was lovely.

Shannon said...

thanks annie!