Sunday, March 4, 2007

White Paper Potential


I made this little guy by ripping white paper and gluing it together. So sweet and innocent and delicate. Do you see it as morbid at all? I think it might be able to be seen that way, with the hanging element and everything. Ahhh!
Well, I was concentrated on the process. Layering together so many little ellipses of paper: it was both mundane and filled with life. By the time I was done I felt like I was sitting in snow.

Layered
Simple
White
Free


Plain white paper: it can be used to make birds

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the bird!

You know... in NY, you could be sitting in real snow ;)

blythe said...

shan, this is a perfect example of why i love you.

you're an inspiration.

blythe said...

p.s. i see the ceramic cup i gave you in the background of the last picture! wee!