Saturday, March 3, 2007

Sun From Shadow

It's my brothers' band. Yes, two brothers: Jason and Carson. The great part is that they are only in high school, and their band is actually making it big! I'm proud of their talent, and especially of their drive to do something they love at such a young age. Their EP is coming out in a month, and we took some pictures for the album the other day at my favorite place: the La Mirada laundromat. Full of character and potential.

Its fun to challenge myself to take photos around the city I live in. I think I say this on every post-- because I SO STRONGLY BELIEVE IT! Why do people have to go to Europe to take good pictures and make good paintings? Why can't art happen in a parking lot?

This one is my favorite:
Since we're Canadian, favourite, primarily because of the color of the trees and the awesome pole sticking up. We tried to stay away from... "band photos", and this one has a bit too much of that in it, but I like the design elements it contains, specifically the negative space and little bursts of color.

Jason Carson Hayden Nathan Logan
you can click them to enlarge
Really weird light was coming through the windows, as is noted here.

Aww! My brother Carson. He's the lead singer and guitarist, and dear to my heart. We have teams in my family, and he's on mine. I'm serious about this. Its because we look alike.

This group of guys was so fun. In 20 minutes they did so many...weird things. I loved it.

And, a great mistake:


Don't worry, loyal blog readers, I'll let you know when their EP comes out so you can all snatch one up.

And go take pictures in your backyard! Or better yet, find something interesting where you're sitting right now. I guarantee, there's a little spice somewhere around your desk. Look!!!

3 comments:

Brent said...

Canada!

Brent said...

Great job Shan. I think the second picture would be a great interior foldout for the album booklet and the last one is perfect for the back of the album.

Heather Leith said...

these are awesome! i will have the boys look when they come home. i love the one where logan is pushing the cart. actually, i am in love with them all. you never cease to amaze me.