Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I am the bird

Still life
Self portrait
Intense


I was going through my art from this year for my portfolio, and came across this piece.

How would you put yourself on a page if you could only use objects, graphite, light, and space?
Would it be dark? Simple? Fun? Scattered?
Would it be a narrative, or an allegory?
Would people know what it meant on first glance, or would it need the back-story?
Would you be able to be honest? If you really showed yourself through image...image that was more than just your face, would there be a facade?

I think that this is one of my first non-facade pieces I ever did.
Are you locked up or free?

2 comments:

blythe said...

i am still interested in buying a copy/print of this.

amazing shan.

loisa said...

shannon...i've sneakily been checking out your blog (since you glanced over at mine) and i think you are good people. i noticed you've read wrinkle in time, which is one of my all-time favorite books. i was talking to blythe over the weekend...i'm working on an album and looking for a photographer that can make me look good (no easy task...seriously it takes some doing). i love your stuff and the way you capture lighting. and i'm wondering if you have a price estimate for a shoot? you can get my e-mail from blythe if you are interested at all. either way, i'm loving your blogs.