Friday, February 9, 2007

I made a fountain

It was seriously an accident that I matched it. Further proof that I am head over heels for grey and orange.

This project was really interesting because we had two hours to go dumpster diving to collect materials. In addition to trash, we could use anything we found in our cars, pockets, or purses. It was the first assignment from my 3D design class-- to make a robot that had an impractical function.

How is this a robot, you ask? Well, its a machine that "operates automatically on a routine skill"-- namely, watering the wires in the bottom of the box.

You can't see it, but the water really does flow through the tubing and ends at the colored wire (which matches my headband perfectly) and flows over the top.

You say make a robot out of trash, I make a fountain.

This was such a push for me to go beyond the obvious, to see potential in what others discard, and to let something without a doubt scream that I made it (we were twins, for crying out loud).


Shannon Leith

3 comments:

Brent said...

Nice work.

Heather Leith said...

Wow. This is truly amazing. And truly RANDOM. I lovelovelove how you match your fountain. I WISH i could match home made robots. Man.

oh p.s. how did you make your blog layout? The title and everything? I love the simplicity.

blythe said...

shan, further proof that you are amazing. and cute picture of you, also.