Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fever! Wake up little sparrow core.

My Integrated Design class provides me lots of opportunity for creativity. Let's take a look at the guidelines for our first project, shall we?

1) Make a poem by pulling phrases out of a hat and putting them together.
Fever! Wake up little sparrow core.
2) Create a list of 150 words or phrases that come to mind when you read the poem.
Breaking Ahhhh! Rhaspy Empty Freedom Spirit Emergency Isolated Lightning Shadows Energy Haze Burst Song Delight Bedframe
3) Take 2 rolls of slide film
I took them all on La Mirada Blvd. La Mirada becomes more intriguing by the day.
4) Manipulate the slides using any technique you want
My partner Evan and I chose to paint, burn, rip, layer, scratch, wrinkle, and sew with wire.
5) Make a 5-10 minute piece of music by putting songs together
Think: Jason Morant's 51st (my favorite song) woven together with little bird noises and then cry.
6) Create a slideshow (as in, a real slide projector) of your 80 best slides, that goes to the music, that relates to the poem.
7) Print out your 20 favorite images and present them professionally (mounted, in a portfolio box, in a book...)
Below are my top 7
8) Breathe







5 comments:

Heather Leith said...

this is hilarious/really good. FEVER! WAKE UP LITTLE SPARROW CORE! wow. that is genius. and your pictures! phenomenal!

you are brilliant, my poetic sister.

Heather Leith said...

this is hilarious/really good. FEVER! WAKE UP LITTLE SPARROW CORE! wow. that is genius. and your pictures! phenomenal!

you are brilliant, my poetic sister.

Brent said...

I'm very impressed. You are quite talented.

blythe said...

shan, wow. incredible assignments, incredible class, and incredible images.

you're so cool i can't stand it sometimes.

Anonymous said...

awesome slides Shannon. It would be cool to see them all set up and mounted. by the way, my blog is www.brianjwalton.wordpress.com

Eventually it's going to be simply www.brianjwalton.com
I'm working on it.

So check it out, it has my movie reviews, chimes articles, random thoughts, and even some of my scripts. Enjoy!