Saturday, January 13, 2007

Two art shows in one night!

1st stop: Blythe and I went to Dana Point tonight to see a photography show that our teacher from high school, Ellen Seefeldt, had work displayed in. I just realized I never got a shot of just her work. Shoot. She displayed three photos from her recent trip to China. They were all taken from the Katamaran that they toured in. You can see the edges of the photos behind us in this one:

I wrote yesterday about the Africa photos-- well, she was the one who pushed me to do something with those! I am so thankful for her inspiration and help, and love visiting her when I'm in town. It was so special to be invited to one of HER shows though. I really enjoyed being there.
When I was in high school, she encouraged me to enter a local contest, Color Me Orange. I walked away with an ORANGE ribbon (I think about half the entries did... but hey.) Here's the photo (another Africa shot-- this one w/ my little Powershot), and a 16 year old me.


All this Africa nostalgia makes me want to go back. Oh! Which reminds me! My brother is there right now! You should check out his blog. He is a film major, and is documenting the water crisis in Kenya with a team from a church that hired him (and he's only a freshman in college...!) So, keep him in your prayers.

The second art show was at a church, and had about 6 artists who displayed their work. The most impressive was Amy and Jen Hood-- twins who are both art majors, and had some amazing drawings. After talking to them they gave us some of their work! Here's an awesome screenprint of Bob Dylan, and the photo on the right is a print of a graphite drawing. I KNOW. These girls have some serious talent.


A great night with a great friend. Thanks Blx :)

1 comment:

blythe said...

we should do that more often!