Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Buy these and you will melt

Since it's only a week and a half until classes start for spring (AHH!), I have all my textbooks coming in the mail right now. I get a package almost every day, which adds excitement to the astronomy-filled days.

Well, yesterday, I got another package slip of course, and when they handed it to me, it was books. Of course.

BUT WAIT! I looked at the return address, and it was from these amazing folks at Ex Libris Anonymous, aka: BOOK JOURNALS! "What? I haven't ordered anything from here in months!"

A little background info on what I'm talking about. This company makes journals out of old books. They put blank pages in between the original pages of old books, and bind it all together to make a completely new, but still vintage journal. What is so great is that each one is so unique. I have a bunch made from old photography books, one called "Enchanted Stories" (every time I open it I feel like I'm writing a kids fantasy novel or something), they have old geometry text books made into journals, and old advice books like "How to Eat Right and Keep Fit". Essentially, they have anything you could ever imagine. Please look at the link, and fall in love. Tell me which one you buy.

Here's where the heart-melting part of the story comes in. Around Christmastime, I was looking on their website, loving everything I saw. I already have about 4 of these, and have already filled them all up. Being in the market for a new journal, I of course fell in love with every single one on their site, and narrowed it down to four. When I went to buy them, something happened and I couldn't find my credit card. I searched everywhere, and it was gone. The next day, I went back to buy them, and decided to just skip it and save the money. I sent them an email to cancel my order, telling them to have-no-fear, I would be a lifelong customer, but that right now it was more important to try and get OUT of debt, not plunge further in.

Feeling quite proud of myself for the decision, I went on with life.

Fast-forward to yesterday! MY JOURNALS ARRIVED IN THE MAIL!! I almost cried I was so happy. They just, mailed them to me for free. Wow-- I am still in shock. Even though I was already a die-hard fan, I have now fallen even harder into a complete fanatic, and everyone I know will be receiving a journal for their birthday, Christmas, etc. (not my free ones. I'm not that cheap, and they are now my symbols of grace.)

So, thank you, Jasmine and Jacob (the owners of Ex). You gave light to my day. I think I will remember my free journal in the mail story for the rest of my life.

*sigh*

4 comments:

blythe said...

i'm so jealous, but love that you were given such a lovely gift to highlight your day/week.
i should really buy one of these soon.

Anonymous said...

That is great, your story made me smile :).

I love working with awesome businesses like that!

Oooh, the shopping cart on their site is fun!

You can't go wrong with a Dr Seuss journal :).

Anonymous said...

oh mygosh! you made my WEEK showing me this site. i'll be ordering so much and have the PERFECT idea for my best friends' birthday gift.

much love!

Hollie Shannon said...

new comment: you are a giver!
two of those journals pictured now hold my thoughts, ponderings, and life events!

love you!