Tuesday, March 31, 2009

day 2:::::::::finds {polaroid installation}




"There are lots of things to see, unwrapped gifts and free surprises."

ANNIE DILLARD
Pilgrim at Tinker Creek

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
here's what you see as you enter my side of the gallery (the other side was an amazing set of abstract paintings by Marisa Rountree!). The quotes that I'm putting at the top of each post were posted on that little white box under the orange today.
i kept two walls the same from day one, but changed the right wall and added in the museum tables,
for these documentation photos I had to take out the museum tables so you could see this whole wall---- the image on the right is an enlargement from a polaroid, which some people thought was construction, which i thought was awesome. and that line on the left is a project i did two years ago, the first polaroids i ever took!
i focused on PROCESS for day two.
all the little behind the scenes bits that eventually made up the body of work.
here is my SX-70 Polaroid, the camera i used for most of the photos. my friend Riley gave it to me, a gift i am still speechless about. wow.

i called him one day to see if i could borrow it, and he casually said, "yeah! you can have it, actually. i never use it."
WHAT! WHO DOES THAT!
i'm semi-OCD and can't throw things away like
Polaroid packaging because i think its pretty.
i also really like tape.
and my sketchbook. these drawings are for days one and two!
also in that case, =
and as a nice ending shot,
the door with my fun vinyl lettering on it.

there's my finds for you!
-------------------shannon

3 comments:

MaeMae Paperie said...

pure happiness.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon, Alfie and I are in Ferndale WA this morning (Tuesday) and I can't believe that I could come to your show TWO days! Wonderful....So glad it worked out and that i could see you, too!

love ya, gr ma

Carson Leith said...

what i loved about seeing your installments was how visually pleasing you made everything. From the arrangements and strategic placements to the pictures themselves, my soul was satisfied and refreshed.